Monday, November 17, 2014

Elder Kyle Jensen

So, another wonderful couple Korean adventures from KyKy, aka Elder Jensen. We went to teach at one of investigators house and his wife was in the process of making kimchi!! Haha, it was so great, I had never seen it before. For real, kimchi is something you learn to like. My first taste was a bit scary, but it's gotten a lot better. And a fun fact, all kimchi tastes different haha, almost no joke. Every kimchi i've had never really has the same taste, always a bit different with the exception of this noodle place in the market. Their kimchi is incredible and consistent in flavor! ^^ One of my pictures will have that adventure.
Along with that, the same investigator's wife is involved with this traditional Korean dance thing so we got to go with him and watch her performance. His name is Jeong Jeong Hun 정정훈. This guy is so incredible. Right now it's been really hard but we had a good special meeting with him the other day. We've been trying to help him grow a testimony of the Restored Gospel because as of now he attends another church, but he loves what we teach and even defends it! Which is really odd, and it's kind of confusing, but ya, lots of work to do but he's amazing. Anyway, it's been Senior Week for me as part of my training and I got to lead the discussion. The language of course is difficult still, but God has been blessing me so much with the gift of tongues and interpretation. Leading the discussion, we started into some follow up. Not quite knowing what I would say next, but going into this with preparation and faith, God fulfilled His promise of filling my mouth with words. Inspired questions that I know I didn't really know how to ask came out of my mouth, and I got to listen to his sincere, personal replies. This has honestly been probably one of the biggest times I've realized this promise as a missionary so far. I can testify that that promise is true, but we can't just go into the situation with "no thought." It takes preparation and effort. This gospel is one of action, not laziness. I realize more and more, the more we choose to ignore the natural man, the more God will naturally bless us. Experiences like this help me know that I''m having a successful mission as talked about in PMG in Chapter 1 under Successful Missionaries. And I can promise to all of you as well, even if you aren't speaking a foreign, even in your daily life, God can fill you mouths with words if you seek the spirit of discernment, whether it be talking to a friend, helping your child with a problem, or even talking to someone about the Gospel. Try it out, I challenge you haha ^^.
Unfortunately, that's all the time I have to expound, hope all is well with you all!

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment