Hello everyone! I am super out of time! aAhhhhhh!
Well, I was in my first car accident this week! We were pulling into
our apartment complex parking lot, making a left turn following a car
that had just pulled into there. The car then turns to the lift,
can't go any farther, and we have to stop, being part-way on the road.
The driver then starts backing up, and comes towards us! I honked the
horn but it was too late. No offense to anyone out there, but it was
a double wammy. The driver was Vietnamese, and a female! Anyways, no
idea how she didn't see us.
Zone conference was yesterday, and it was awesome! I don't have much
time to say what happened, but one thing that Elder Cardon of the
Seventy said, concerning us being in the mission and circumstances we
are, was something along the longs of "you are here more of because of
what you have felt, and not your scripture knowledge." Something
along those lines. But it made me feel pretty great because i'm
terrible at memorizing what has happened in the scriptures, but I have
felt so much concerning the truth of gospel!
I don't know all of the reasons why I went through the things that I
did in my past. I do know that in part it was in preparation for my
calling as a missionary in my specific area. Our branch is...
different. We probably have about 20 members who consistently go to
church, and about 320 less actives. I've heard our situation being
compared to a story where God told a man to push a rock. The man
pushed for years, and never moved it. He stopped, and asked God why
the rock wouldn't move. God replied, "I didn't ask you to move the
rock, I told you to push it." Many times i have felt frustrated and
unable to progress much in my life. However, I do believe that this
rock our district has been given will move. It is already beginning
to move, ever so slowly. Even if it doesn't move, i know that we will
have done what is asked of us and that there was a reason for us
pushing this rock. We are put through furnaces to refine us. Our
trials and struggles we go through make us better people. God's plan
is perfect. He knows all, and loves us. Never forget who's care we
are in and who we serve.
I love you all! I'll get pictures next week.... sorry about falling
through on my promise to have them today... Until next time!
-Elder Naegle
No comments:
Post a Comment