MAN! Where do I even begin!! Well The first night in Florida we went out contacting in this super ghetto neighborhood, and I was super nervous. But it was awesome! WE got to talk to a lot of cool people place some books of mormon, and the people who live in the ghetto have MAD respect for Jesus. It's pretty awesome! The next day we had tranfer meeting!! WHOO! tranfer meeting is crazy and everyone is whooping and cheering and it's all just real exciting! I was nervous about who my trainer was going to be and if I would get along with her. But let me back up first! So last sunday sis M and I said the prayers for relief society in the MTC. When you say the prayers they announce your mission. So we get off the stand and this Sr Sister Missionary comes up to us, and she tells us that her daughter is in our mission and gives us hugs (she gave me 2) and to give her daughter a big hug from her mom. I was just joking with her like "Just wait she's going to be my companion!" Anywho I remembered her name, but didn't really think much of it. So I see her daughter at transfers and I told her what happened, and gave her a hug from her mom. She was excited and it was great. So then they start announcing the companionship and we're companions!! Sister Doman and I. She is awesome and we're bffs, and she makes me push myself to be the best missionary I can be. I don't know how I got so lucky to have her for a my trainer!!
I really love it here, and yes the weather is perfect at the moment. And yes my hair is a giant puff ball. I've seen so many tender mercies and miracles this week!! I can't remember everything, but I will tell you the most recent ones. Last night we were out harvesting. We go and ask if we can say a prayer for people in their home, instead of just leaving a message. it's a really awesome way to get to know people and tell them about the gospel. Anyway we're out harvesting with a ward member, Shayla, she's 15. We're walikng down this street and sis Doman asks her what house we should go to, so she picks one, and we all felt the same. We walk up and this colombian man, John, is sitting in his garage so we start talking to him and he's religious, then his wife comes out, Irma. And we're telling them about our church and why we are different. and irma tells us that she has been looking for another church to go to because she doesn't feel right about the baptist and catholic churches. So I was so excited because we found some people who were sooo prepared for this gospel. So we say a prayer with them, and they invite us in. Their house was awesome by the way. We get talking and then we invite them to be baptized. Irma tells us she's already been baptized, then John says to her "Actually honey I've already been baptized by the mormons in colombia when I was 16." And we all just die. Like what the heck John! Why didn't you tell us that before! But I think he really didn't realize who we were becasue he was baptized like almost 50 yrs ago. Anyway we're totally getting Irma baptized and reactivating John!!! We were pretty excited about finding them!!
We've had some really incredible experiences and some powerful lessons, like sometimes in a lesson you could just cut the spirit with a knife! I always have to remind myself to stop thinking and let the spirit teach, because when I do, the lessons are amazing! I'm so happy to be out of the MTC and I love the mission and my companion and the people here! I am doing swell I love you all, thank you for the love and support!!
No comments:
Post a Comment