Sister Heidi Robison
Hello!
This is crazy, I am actually in England. To be honest, it isn't much different than America, or at least the area I am in. It is not what i was expecting at all, but I still love it.
So we flew here Tuesday (I think, the days are all a blur). We flew into the Warwick airport, which is an hour outside of London, so I actually haven't even seen London yet cause it's not in our mission. BUT I do get to go into London tomorrow!!!!! Quintin L. Cook is doing a mission conferance at Hyde Park Chapel so we have permission to ride the train into London for that. I am so excited.
My companions name is Sister Hickman, she is from Blackfoot, and she is amazing! THis is her last transfer which is really sad, but thats what the Lord wants and I am so blessed to have her as a comp for this transfer. We are serving in Brighton, which is the highest baptizing area in the mission! We have three investigators with baptism dates in December! Hopefully we can keep it up! A little bit about it here, it is the gay capital of Europe, so that makes it interesting...It means that no one judges though and everyone is accepting of everyone, so people are open to listening to us. It is right on the coast, so it is super pretty here. IT reminds me a lot of New York City. Just kind of dirty everywhere. Everyone smokes weed, so it stinks everywhere. It is kind of the party place in ENgland. But I love it! We ride double decker busses everywhere, and they aren't as great as you would think. But it is still an adventure!
It took me a while to get used to driving on the other side of the road, I would get carsick if I thought about it too much, cause drivers here are crazy! They are super good drivers though!
THursday we taught a lesson to an investigator in a cafe, and i heard real music for the first time in weeks. It was weird, but I kind of enjoyed hearing stuff from the outside world. I also got a bus pass that day, so I can go on a bus anytime I want! woohoo #missionarylife
Sister Hickman is a Sister Training Leader, and they had Missionary Training Conferance Friday in Staines, which is about 2 hours away from us. WE got a call from the office elders that afternoon saying we needed to take a train up to Crawley and stay with the Visitor Center Sisters for the night so she could make it to MLC. So we rode a train up there, which was fun. Not what I was expecting, it is not like the trains in Harry Potter, just kind of like a subway train. We went on splits for that night and the next day.
For lunch that day and ward member made us some rice with tuna and vegetables. AS soon as she said tuna I wanted to puke. It was canned tuna, but I decided I just had to think it was chicken, so thats what I did and I was able to eat it all. I am going to have to get used to eating stuff like that.
Something super frustrating here is that no one is married. Everyone just lives with their boyfriend or girlfriend, which means they can't get baptized. We have 2 investigators that want to be baptized so bad, but they aren't married so they can't be. And neither are planning on getting married until like june. So frustrating.
But i may be here for it still, everyone tells me I should plan on being here like 6 months, so I better start liking it...and I do love it here!
Some cool stuff me and my comp are doing this month. WE decided we need to be more grateful for what we have. So every night before we go to bed one of us says a pray of just thanks, it is super hard. Try it. You have to really think about what you are saying so you don't ask for anything. WE have only done it for a few days now, but it is amazing to sit down and really think about what you are grateful for and how much you are blessed.
Another thing is the Church is doing a Christmas campaing, alot like the EAster #becauseofhim one. They have stuff in Times Square and everything, which is super exciting. So from now until Christmas we are studying Christ. WE are sitting down today and writing our testimony of Christ, then spending a little time everyday until Christmas studying about Christ and his life. WE will rewrite our testimony on Christmas day, and then read them both and see how much it's grown. I am super excited to do this, you should all do this too.
And tomorrow we go to London! My comp has only got to go to London once the whole time she has been here, so I am super blessed to have been able to come into the mission when I did. It will be so good! And we have thanksgiving dinner at the chapel thursday which I am excited for. I miss america. Everything is so expensive here.
My and sister Hickman only have like 8 pounds right now...we have no money. She only had 4 left from the last transfer, and they gave me 40 when I got here. But that money was used to buy my bus and train tickets. So we are so poor right now. WE just have to last until tomorrow though, then hopefully we will have enough money to buy food and stuff. haha, don't worry though, we aren't starving.
My address is;
30 bourne court
London Road
Brighton, Sussex
BN1 8QQ
England
You can send letters to that address, but send packages to the mission home.
Well I love you all so much and miss you all. You are in my prayers everyday. I love you all, this is what I am supposed to be doing with my life. THere are so many people without the gospel in their lives that need it. I am happy serving the Lord.
Love,
Sister Robison
No comments:
Post a Comment