Elder William Hansen
Hello. pretty slow week, and im pretty tired so i cant think of many experiences to share, but i have some news. Im being transferred this week. I am leaving thursday and moving to the city of solo! my companion will be Septian Sinaga, who has been on his mission as long as ive been in indoneisa (since aug 13th when we actaully met). something else thats cool is that he is from Medan so i have known his parents for three months, working with them here. They're pretty excited i get to go be with their son! Another cool thing, I will be in the same house as Elder Shane Canfield from sky view high school. So itll be a way cool experience to work near an old friend from the Lax team. I hear he is tearing it up as a Zone leader in Solo. Solo is about the opposite of medan. 4 wards, and i am moving to the very biggest ward in indonesia!
This week we also celebrated halloween at the branch building. Halloween is almost nothing here, so most people didnt understand why we were celebrating but they enjoyed having a party. we bobbed for apples, had a cake walk, and then had a kerupuk eating contest (a crunch thing shaped like a donut that tastes like fish) Tons and tons of non members came and it was a neat time. We also had some investigators come that we found after 7 years of being lost. they expexted a spiritual time and were actually pretty mad that it was mostly just partying after a spiritual thought. I hope they werent offended and continue to learn!
I had to say good bye to lots of people this week which stunk, and i hope the best for them. I had to give my testimony in sacrament meeting, and it actually went fairly well language wise, so ive definitely been blessed since being here as ive worked for sucess.
Today we rode down a mountain on the top of a bus like thing. And let me tell you i loved it! through the cool jungle air, that was a very successful pday!
Hope every one has a good week! ill let you know how solo is next week!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment