Monday, November 3, 2014

Elder Kyle Jensen

Ah, cold... that's all I have to say about it haha!
This week was pretty hard investigator wise. Had a couple that dropped. Still in contact of course, but it was hard to see people lose their desire to learn about the gospel, and not want to grow closer to Christ. Of course, Christ was the ultimate teacher, He found ways to reignite that desire and want, but me and my companion are still diligently trying to figure that one out haha... Oh boy, just another learning adventure! ^^
This week we had a Halloween party for our English class that was super fun, except that we had the resposibility to plan it the day before haha... The only complaint we really got was that there were no decorations haha (from the Sisters in our ward ;) haha no. But it was super fun to see a bunch of people come out with their kids to learn about this holiday. Here in Korea they don't do anything of the sort that I heard or saw anyway. Sadly I didn't get pictures, but we tied donuts to strings and had the kids eat them for one of the activities and that was quite priceless to see like 20 kids trying to eat a donut off a string. It'll be something that they remember I'm sure.
Also got to go to the temple again this week! Ah, what a special and sacred place that is. So special. Those of you who are able to go to the temple, DO IT! haha. But really, the temple is a place where we can throw all the stress from the world, and focus on God and what he wants for us. There we can receive personal revelation for our lives that can guide us to success. God wants us to go to the temple, and when we go to the temple, we're not only helping ourselves, we're helping those who have already past on have the opportunity to receive eternal salvation if they accept these ordinances you perform for them!! Crazy, to think about. But all in all, there's only good and blessings that come from attending the temple frequently.
Another things i've been thinking about lately is how important our sacrament meeting each week is. Just a reminder of the convenant we make at baptism. We promise to God to remember Christ always, to take His name upon us, and to keep God's commandments. In return, he grants unto us the most precious gift of all, the Holy Ghost. I've noticed I've been talking a lot about the Holy Ghost lately, and I'm sorry if I repeat myself, but I do because it's so crucially important. The Holy Ghost can reveal to us God's will because He knows all things. We can receive that infinite knowledge according to our faith and God's will. Christ was able to live a perfect life because He perfectly knew God's will and lived accordingly. I know that the Spirit is the ultimate teacher in our lives, and it will be IF we keep our covenants, live righteously, and are constantly trying to good. I know we can find the tender mercies of the Lord in our lives if we live life righteously, always trying to invite the Holy Ghost into our lives. This is by far one of the biggest things I'm learning right now on my mission, and it's by far one the the biggest things I'll learn throughout my life.
And on a random note, I sent out my mission address, but I found one that seems to work better so I'll send that.

Elder Kyle Brian Jensen
Korea Seoul South Mission
24-1 Ogeum-dong
Songpa-gu
Seoul-teukbyestsi 138-855
South Korea

Ah, I love this work you guys, I hope you find the opportunity, and even better, pray for the opportunity to help someone come into Christ; it's magnificient.
Love you all! Have a wonderful week!

P.S. Got to go to Costco as well this week and got some Peanut Butter and oatmeal ^^ (things which you don't really find in abundance in Korea, especially for a good price)

No comments:

Post a Comment