Elder Kyle Jensen
We got transfer calls on Sunday and I'll be staying in Anseong for at least another transfer! But my companion is ditching me to go be a Zone Leader haha, so I'll be getting a new companion as well. My trainer was so incredible (Elder Wilcox). He honestly is probably one of the best at Korean in the mission (besides the natives of course) and that's been a huge blessing in my life because I got to feed off of that for 3 months. No, of course I'm not fluent yet, but I'm very pleased with how much God has blessed me with this wonderful language. I was really spoiled to have such an amazing companion and relationship at the beginning of my mission, it sets the bar really high for the rest of my companions haha. It'll be interesting not to go running every morning as well, not sure how I feel about that, I started to actually like it haha.
What I can say for the next little bit though is that these next couple transfers are gonna be a huge step and growth in faith. Not totally sure why, but that's just the feeling I get. BUT I'm ready. My faith is in God, my desires are set, and I'm ready to act. God will continue to be a God of miracles, and that's one piece of hope that pushes me forward every day.
Last week we got to go to an ancient Korean Village! Ah, you'll just have to look at the pictures, it was so awesome. Outdoor museum type of thing. Only bad thing is that it's hard to learn about ancient Korean culture when you don't have a Korean with you haha, but it was cool nonetheless.
Fun experience with Opening Your Mouth last week as well coming home from that activity. Subways are my favorite place to talk to people because they can't escape haha! ^^ So I was sitting on the subway with an older lady on my left, studying some Korean from the brochure I picked up from the village. An older man enters and sits down on my right, and I figure, hey I'm a missionary, I should talk to him haha. So, he was a bit shy, didn't really want to talk as I started into a little conversation, so he got up and left to a different car haha. BUT because of that little conversation, the lady on my left happened to be listening in and started asking questions about why I was in Korea. I was more than happy to once again respond to an opportunity that my Heavenly Father mercifully gave me. I got to testify of the BoM, about a modern prophet who leads and guides our church through revelation to God, I got to be a missionary. It was an incredible testimony builder to me that if I'm putting forth my faith to open my mouth, to show a humble example, and preach this gospel, that God will generously bless me in my efforts.
Another thing I got to think about a lot this week is prayer. The more I learn about prayer, the more I realize I really need to improve haha. But it was really fun to realize how we can fulfill the scriptural saying of "pray always." No, we can't literally be on our knees praying to God at all times, but we can pray always through our LIFESTYLE. If we are showing love and gratitude to God and Jesus Christ by the way we live, we are praying always and blessed with an incredible promise to conquer Satan and his temptations! How cool is that, right? Another huge thing I realized by reading through True to the Faith about prayer is that, "God seldom will do something for you that you can do yourself." Give that a thought, prayer requires ACTION. I know that prayer is essential in obtaining a strong relationship with the most Supreme Creator in the universe, and when we earnestly and sincerely pray and act, you can more easily see the blessings that come into your lives and also be able to resist temptation more easily. God loves us so much and wants to talk to us as we talk to Him through prayer. So, I challenge you all: Make an honest effort this week to pray always, and look for the blessings that come ^^
And that's what's happening right now with Elder Jensen in Korea haha. Thank you all so much for you love and support, and especially your prayers coming my way. I feel the strength and am able to do things I never knew I could. Have a fantastic week!
No comments:
Post a Comment