Elder Tyler Peterson
Helloooo everybody! :D
Wow! This week has been amazing, especially in contrast to some of my other weeks! ;) But no, lots of good news, great happenings, and lessons learned!
GREAT NEWS! I am sticking around in Mina for at least another 6 weeks WITH Elder Gómez! :D My training is officially over, but I still get to be here in the ward that I really love that we've been able to really pick up, with three missionaries that are supersweet that I really love being around!!
The reason why that's such good news is that the work has picked up here a TON!! Just in the last week, we've excited lots of the members and received a lot of help and love in return! :) Also, we legitimately have the potential to baptize like every single week for the month of December, which is incredibly awesome! We find new miracles every day, and suffering what we had to was worth it just to discover what we have now!
Nice spiritual thought for y'all: earlier this week, we lost our electricity again (real life problems that come out of nowhere really are such a pain!) and I thought that we might lose everything we had planned that day again, and I legitly wondered if we were being punished for doing something really badly. So I turned to the scriptures :) In Mosiah 23:21-22, it explains that the Lord sees fit to punish His people, even when they're living in righteousness like Alma and his people. It's so good to realize (at least it was for me) that life is hard sometimes just because the Lord knows what we need and what trials we need to experience! What's also good to know is that with patience and faith (tied together!) and with our trust in the Lord, we WILL come out of it all even better than we imagined, even if it takes a little while :)
I've now been out on my mission four months now, and I can't believe it's already been that long! That's nuts!! I've learned so much, but it all turns back to the basics:I know that Heavenly Father's there, He hears and answers our prayers, and He sent His Beloved Son to help us overcome everything we will ever face. I know that this church is true! Everybody try to remember someone in need in your prayers! Love you all so very much! :)
¡Nos vemos!
Elder Tyler Peterson
P.S. This week we have Elder Gómez and I on a moto one of our brothers just bought (it's pretty sweet, and our district (plus one of our zone leaders Elder Ramos) making sweet faces! ;) (haha, except Hna. Knowles, she forgot!) Hna. Velasco is now home, it was good to have her in our district! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment