Elder Tyler Peterson
Hey everybody!!
So, this week has been a VERY thrilling one, parts were lame, others were perfect, but overall I feel more ready for this upcoming week than ever!
First, the bad news... Due to a TON of crazy occurences, our own flojera, Elder Gómez's bowel problems, and things like that, this week (at least for the majority of our numbers) was our worst yet. Study was really bad, sometimes we spent WAY too much time in the house, and I felt sooo bad. It really is the Lord's time I'm on, and I'm definitely held accountable for how I use it. While I have to accept that things will NOT be perfect all the time (or ever!) I do need to change what I can right now! The good thing is that I'm a big believer in the changing power of the Atonement, and I know that in every effort I make to change for the better, I'll be blessed for it! :)
I really received a testimony of doing the right thing this week! At the start of the week, I was not street contacting at all, I have no idea why. But Tuesday night, I finally opened my mouth and talked to this guy, and despite the fact that he didn't accept anything, I literally felt happier just for doing what I knew was right! I know that this is true for everyone in every situation, so I'm looking forward to a happier week! :)
Day of the Dead was this week, so we went contacting in a cemetery here while people were honoring their dead, and that was SUPER cool!! :) We taught about the Plan of Salvation and Family History, and I turned out to be pretty good at that! Haha, during Day of the Dead it's really common to eat, they're like
fried baby locusts with a seasoning, and they were really good! So now I eat bugs, that's new ;)
And despite basically EVERYTHING that could have possibly gone wrong, Irvin was baptized and confirmed a member of the church!!! :D :D Oh my goodness, that was nuts! First, he had to quit drinking coffee, the day of the baptism, he wasn't at his house and we had to look for him, we had to wait for a member of the bishopric to show up, then, the water was freezing and he thought he was going to die! So I was there just hugging him in the water trying not to freak out and calm him down, and eventually he got baptized right! Haha, Elder Gómez told me that was the funniest baptism he's ever seen, but at least I'll never forget it! ;) But wow!! Despite it all, that was so amazing!! :D I'm so happy that Heavenly Father let me help bring a soul back to him, and despite the baptism going nuts, it really was so joyful!
So now I have no excuse! I can talk pretty well with most people, I have an ability to teach and contact, and I'm a baptizing missionary! Look out Minatitlán! Haha, everybody take care! Love you all!! After two months in México, I finally feel like a decently capable missionary! I pray that everything goes well for everybody! :)
¡Nos vemos!
Elder Tyler Peterson
No comments:
Post a Comment