Monday, November 17, 2014

Sister Hannah Walker

Hey wonderful people :)
Honestly, don't be too sad, but there's really not much to write about this week...It was another struggle week for Sis Anderson :/ I have figured out that we respond to stress very differently.  She handles it by shutting down for a period of time and since I've come out on my mission, I've discovered that if I want to, I can work harder because of stress...  Well, that's been kind of difficult when both of us aren't able to work.  But hey!  She's awesome and we get along great :) our days may consist of spontaneous nerf wars where we take each other to the ground fighting over the good guns ;) haha we have fun.  You have to let loose in some way right? :)  We also both deal with stress by pestering each other. haha good thing we both have patience :)

So this week we spent time with Ciria and Jackie again :) They are coming along fantasticly.  The day that we happened to pop in, Ciria's brother Louis was there!  A month or so ago, he had gone off the radar and no one knew where he was.  He's found now though and is working in Columbia, South Carolina.  We found out that he was married in the temple and had a good, strong marriage in the church for 12 years.  Then divorce came and everything fell apart :(  Since then he hasn't been active.  When we met him and he got to see how much the Gospel has been helping his sister, I could see the change in him.  He wanted to do better.  When Ciria asked if he had the priesthood, he told her he HAS the priesthood.  He still considers himself a priesthood holder.  That alone is awesome :)  We went to watch Jackie cheer at some game and there was definitely a difference in him from the time we met him, to the time we left.  The light came back into his eyes.  The desire.  It was awesome to witness :)

So we had District Meeting this week and I was asked to give a training on putting on the whole armor of God.  It went well I think....haha I talked about how Satan is going to make unexpected jabs at us that we need to be prepared for.  Remember the nerf guns mentioned above?  Well as part of my training, I had Sis Anderson pop out unexpectedly and nail everyone with the Machine gun.  No one was expecting it ;) of course.  Because most of the time Satan isn't going to be obvious about our trials.  That wouldn't be very productive on his part.  There is one thing that we can always know though.  He is there and he wants us to fail.  And we can't let him.  We need to be armed with righteousness, faith, honesty, salvation, etc (you can read all of it in Ephesians 6) :) but anyway, it was a great meeting and our district is amazing.

I hope that yall know that the battle between good and evil is still there, but God has equipped us with the means by which we can succeed and come off conqueror. :)

I love yall sooo much!!!  Keep smiling and having a blast with life :)  God wants us to be happy :))

Love,
Sister Hannah Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment