Hey guys!
So, everything is going good here!! Living in a house this week was GREAT! Oh my goodness, having just one definite place to live is so wonderful, what a blessing! :) Quick note on that, I'm glad that nobody called the mission president, it's a looonnggg story, but in short, there were problems with our neighbors, but it's all good now! No worries! :)
This week! Tuesday we had a zone conference by President Morales that was SO good! I felt the Spirit stronger than I had for like a week, and everyone loved the contacting and teaching that Elder Gómez and I did in the practice! :) This whole week, the work has literally been so guided by the Lord, it's been such a blessing to see that! Discouragements came, but I got through them just fine.
A really sad story, then a very happy one! We had a really cool inactive that we were teaching, and his wife was really warming up to us, but we went by Saturday to see if we could get them come to church, but we ran into José (the inactive) and he was drinking on the street. This man that was normally so nice and considerate changed completely with the alcohol, and I felt so sad for what happened, because I really care about them. I decided that if there's something I want to do as much as baptize, it's help someone overcome an addiction.
Yesterday though, we had a miracle!!! Elder Gómez and I were feeling kind of tired last night, and all of our appointments fell through, but we looked at our list of people to contact and we were standing next to one of them. So we knocked on the door, and this family (nonmembers) recognized us as missionaries, then asked us to teach their kids about the Plan of Salvation, because their abuelita had passed away. That was a special moment for everyone, then the mom told us that she'd almost been baptized before and that she'd had a dream where she was a member and her son was a missionary!! WHAT!?!?!?!?!? I could hardly believe my ears! They're so ready to receive the blessings of the Gospel!! :D All we have to do is answer their doubts well and show that we care about them, and they'll be ready to accept and receive everything! Wow! That was simply AMAZING, I feel so blessed to be involved in this work! :D
I'm so happy to be a missionary! Despite anything and everything, I know I'm meant to be here, without DOUBT I'm being so blessed, it's so good to know that I have His support, and that of all of you too! I hear things aren't going well for a lot of people, but look to your neighbors and family that you trust, and always trust Heavenly Father, He loves us SO much, we just have to love Him too! :)
Everyone take care! Love y'all tons!!
¡Nos vemos!
Elder Tyler Peterson
No comments:
Post a Comment