Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Sister Amy King

Hello all!!!  I don't even know where to begin!  SOOOO much has happened in the past week!  I feel like a completely different person than from a week ago, but of course im still me.  I guess I'll just start from the first day!

The first day was crazy and I honestly don't even remember what happened.  Basically I just met my companion, Sister Montague, she's amazing!  And my district, there are 4 sisters and 4 elders.  And we have a grand time together.  And meeting with our teachers, Sister Runyon, Brother Leah, and Brother Stanley, and they are so incredible.  It was way fun the first day meeting everyone, and everyone is SO happy and nice here.  Literally, if someone sneezes the entire room says bless you in unison.  It pretty great.  So all in all I had an awesome first day!

The second and third day however were not so grand.  As we really started our training I was getting so overwhelmed with everything.  You sit in the classroom for about 8 hours a day, and studying for a huge portion on that time.  I was really struggling with that.  I cannot concentrate for a whole 15 mins let alone 8 hours at a time, so I was getting really frustrated with myself.  And I started to feel so inadequate.  I felt like everyone was so much smarter than me, and so much more spiritual, and had so much more knowledge about the scriptures and preach my gospel, and so on.  And I was really dragging myself down.  The third day was basically the same. And I was starting to question if a mission was the right thing for me.  So I was having a bit of an inner battle and really really strulgging.  But in the very last class of the day with Brother Stanley he challenged us to pray for an entire 15 mins.  So he had us do it in during class, but the sisters and elders were in separate classrooms.  At first I was like "there aint no way I can pray for that long!"  But we started and before I knew it Brother Stanley was telling us 15 mins were up.  But I prayed to have guidance and and feel happy and love by my heavenly father.  I went to bed that nigh still feeling so upset.  The next morning i had the same feeilng.  But when we started class I began to realize a few things.  Of course I'm not going to be the perfect missionary in 2 days!!  I may not be a scriptorian or have preach my gospel memorized, but I am powerful.  

I have a huge testimony of this church, and I do all I can to know the doctrine and learn more about it.  So with that I can share this gospel.  If I have those things and I rely on the Lord I can teach this truth with so much power and strength.  But as soon as I realized that, I felt so happy and peaceful. And I've been that way ever since.

Another big lesson I learned this week is that the spirit is the teacher, not the missionaries.  Of course we are the one saying the words, but the spirit is guiding them.  And if we do all we can to prepare a lesson, the spirit will help us say the words that are needed to help others come unto Christ.
 
I fly out to florida on monday!!!  Im so excited!!  But we leave at 3:30 in the morning...so that will be fun.  I wish I could go into more depth of everything that happened this week, but I don't have a whole lot of time! But please write me letter because email time is so short, I don't have tome to share everything I want to!  But I love you all!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment