Monday, November 3, 2014

Elder Cameron Murray

WOW..... I wasn't neccessarily in the best of moods today untill I heard the news. I'm at the Nickle's home base city right now and their family is in my ward.  I had no idea at church yesterday who I was among.  There is no doubt that God had his hand in this.  Coincidences don't happen on the mission.  Only miracles,  and I look forward to getting to know their family!

 I'm definitly not in utah anymore. Germany is sooo pretty it's  amazing. Thankfully we have one of the biggest apartments in the mission with two other elders cause some rich member donated it.  It's almost the nicest and the heated kitchen floor is nice. The germans got their public transportation down way good.  The underground bon is all automated and has no drivers.  This city is so big and their computer keyboards drive me insane.  The plane ride here was awesome because they gave us some pretty good food and I got to practice my German.  I'm still trying to get over jet lag and I fell asleep a little in church yesterday.

Our first day in Frankfurt we were street contacting by our  display and the police showed up that was pretty funny.  Thankfully they were very nice even though we forgot our  permit.  I got to talk to my first drunk this week.  He cornered me and we started talking for a bit.  He was realllllyyyy drunk.  After I shook his hand he told me he had Abola, I think he meant Eboli, and that it was transmitted through contact so apparently I'm infected now.  He was also nice enough to tell us don't talk to people who can't speak English and to stay away from his evil friends.  Haha it was pretty funny.

 My new companion is Elder Kitchen he's been out for three transfers. He went to timpview and all the Elder's out here seem to love him. He has a crazy family story and It's a miracle he's out here spreading the Gospel.  We are opening the University area so currently we have no investigators. I want to thrust in my sichel I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do that. It drives me insane sometimes when we dont have time to go out on the streets for some hardcore contacting.I'll try to be more patient.  Thankfully we have a meeting with a potential tonight so Hopefully that goes well.

Everybody here is extremely helpful and their food is really good.  I had my first Dünner which is like subway and a taco combined it was wonderful.  It's entertaining all the weird looks people give us and apparently people don't talk on trains all that much.  I've already broken that rule and I intend to do it again.  I think we need to get them excited to learn about Jesus cause right now a lot of them don't get overjoyed when we say Jesus or Church.  It's a little hard for me but I know it will be good for me in the end.  If you study the BOM Nephi and his brothers went through pretty much the exact same thing.  Nephi always turned to the Lord while his brothers didn't really do so well with that.  There's also many other different choices he made compared to his brothers. We all have to take this journey whether we like it or not.  The question is, will we be Nephis or Lamans and Lemuels?  Thank you for your prayer's and support.
Love Elder Murray
Ps. Ill send pics later today

No comments:

Post a Comment